Wagner Recent Houdini Webinar

3807   5   2
148 posts
Overall I thought the Webinar was good except somewhat unfocused due to some questions, which I thought should have been held until the end of the presentation. Particularly distracting was the lower right hand part of the screen, questions that were irrelevant to the presentation or just inappropriate continually popped up on the lower right of the screen. Questions like, 1) At some point in the future will Houdini be like MASSIVE, or 2) basic questions that should have been explored using current online documentation and videos, 3) Someone literally cursing that their machine had crashed (very bizarre why someone would feel the need to post that. Made me think of the infinite monkey theorem https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem [en.wikipedia.org] ).
Edited by LARSX - July 23, 2016 03:20:11
Lars Wood
Future Vision Guide
Advanced Research And Development
459 posts
I agree. The questions and comments kind of tilted the session out of balance a little bit.
Maybe there could be a separate Jeff Wagner AMA as there seems to be a lot of general questions among those interested in Houdini.

-b
http://www.racecar.no [www.racecar.no]
Staff
2540 posts
Really great feedback guys.

When I'm presenting I don't see the questions flash up but I can see how they are quite annoying. Will try to see if we can suppress these on the main screen. You all have the GoToWebinar panel to interact with the session as well

Yeah the questions are all over the map and there are a lot of them. I also have to admit that even if some questions are off topic they are also inspiring for the future.

This is our third one in and every time it feels better on our end. We'll get better at these going forward.

One benefit of a live webinar is that it can react to the audience. Love this part. On our end we are really trying to get a grip on all the interaction side of things.

I am up for an AMA as well! Especially around the time of any new release. I would love to hang out with everyone with the new software and start hammering away on Houdini with all the latest features and field questions.
There's at least one school like the old school!
148 posts
It sounded like there was a live audience. Is that the case or were we hearing feedback from an audio speaker? Couldn't hear the questions they were asking to well so it was good that you repeated the questions.
Edited by LARSX - July 23, 2016 10:52:57
Lars Wood
Future Vision Guide
Advanced Research And Development
22 posts
I was invited but unable to participate, regrettably. Will this webinar be posted online at some point in the future?
260 posts
https://vimeo.com/173658697 [vimeo.com]
  • Quick Links