Parameter scrapyard

2932   4   2
6 posts
I have 100+ parameters in my asset. In houdini it looks nice, clean and very categorized, but in UE it looks like a mess…
Any improvements planned?
173 posts
Which widgets are you exactly missing? You have to understand that Houdini widgets do not translate 1 to 1 to host widgets. As far as I know, folders, for example, work fine. Tabs don't.
6 posts
ttvdsfx
Which widgets are you exactly missing? You have to understand that Houdini widgets do not translate 1 to 1 to host widgets. As far as I know, folders, for example, work fine. Tabs don't.
I mean it can look much much better with categories and subcategories(screenshot in attachments). This is much more user friendly. And its much easier to make tree hierarchy(actually i dont understand why this plugin uses buttons for this purpose).

Attachments:
123.png (15.8 KB)

173 posts
The only thing that comes to mind is if you think it's that easy than you are welcome to submit a patch
It would be nice to have a better UI, but I think functionality / features are more important.
Edited by ttvdsfx - July 25, 2016 22:58:39
402 posts
Houdini now has both expandable sections (like your screenshot) and tabs. We needed to recreate both, especially tabs. Since it's not trivial to create tabs within the Details panel we opted for buttons for now.
  • Quick Links