Network mapped drives

3694   1   0
16 posts
Hey all,

I currently have a dropbox folder (Tdropbox) setup as a network mapped drive ( S ). Houdini refuses to see S: / at all even when other applications do ( ie nuke ). Ive tried UNC path as well with no luck //Sr2/s/. However I can access to original Tdropbox/ folder through houdini browser or using UNC paths. I'm currently using win 10 pro. Any suggestions would help!
636 posts
add this Variable in houdini.env:

HOUDINI_ACCESS_METHOD = 1

Houdini Doc [sidefx.com]
HOUDINI_ACCESS_METHOD

This value can be 0 (the default), 1, or 2. It selects the method used by Houdini to check file and directory permissions under Windows. 0 checks the permissions of the current user against the Windows user and group permissions set for the file in question. This method may be slow on machines that use a network login server. 1 uses a different method for checking the Windows user and group permissions, but relies on functionality that is broken in Windows 2000 Service Pack 2. Method 2 simply checks the file attributes. This method is fast, but ignores the user and group permissions, and so may report that some files or directories can be written to when actually they cannot.
  • Quick Links