How to make the bubbles of a water pouring glass

8781   4   1
2 posts
Hi there…
I had a question that how to make the bubbles of a water pouring glass look nicely
what is the best way and here is the reference photo ..my concentration is on bubbles
336 posts
You can do underwater bubbles by advecting particles with fluids (pyro smoke), this let's you do fun stuff like driving copy stamping with volume attributes such as bubble scale from temperature etc. You'll need to use an age attribute on a FLIP sim to spawn particles when it dies, so that the initial blobby FLIP breaks up into bubbles. This is what I did the attached link.

The difficult part will be the surface interaction, spawning new particles when interior particles hit the surface and maybe having that trigger a ripple solver. Convert everything to VDB and mesh it all together as a final stage

example underwater bubbles [vimeo.com]
2 posts
Is there any tutorial on how to make these effects..because i don no exactly how to connect pyro to FLIP
336 posts
Here's a set up I built for underwater bubbles. It's not the cleanest hip file but I hope it's helpful

Attachments:
bubbles_SIM.hip (3.1 MB)

1 posts
AndyW
Here's a set up I built for underwater bubbles. It's not the cleanest hip file but I hope it's helpful

Thank you very much i was looking for something like this to understand i helped a lot
  • Quick Links