HAPI usage in standalone player ( windows 7 64bit )

4256   5   1
23 posts
Hey everyone ,

Well , just started experimenting with HE lately and it's all been great till moment i decided to make a build and suddenly found that nothing was working…I mean , after couple hours of debugging all i got was ‘HoudiniErrorNotFound’ exception. I tried to set HAPI_ENABLE_RUNTIME to true but it didn't help either.

The only thing i'm trying to achieve is just changing OTL interface in runtime.
Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Thx.
402 posts
Sorry, but runtime is not support at this time. You can only use Houdini Assets in the Editor. You cannot manipulate their parameters and have them regenerate in a built game.

HAPI_ENABLE_RUNTIME was always a highly experimental environment variable which probably doesn't work anymore.
67 posts
I am getting a similar error message when I attempt to build:

Assets/Houdini/Scripts/HoudiniHost.cs(369,154): error CS0117: `HoudiniConstants' does not contain a definition for `HAPI_ENABLE_RUNTIME'

Here is the code:

public static bool prEnableCooking {
#if UNITY_EDITOR
get { return getBool( “HAPI_EnableCooking” ); }
set { setBool( “HAPI_EnableCooking”, value ); }
#else
get { return getBool( “HAPI_EnableCooking” ) && HoudiniConstants.HAPI_ENABLE_RUNTIME; }
set {}
#endif // UNITY_EDITOR

This is using the latest version of the Unity/Houdini plugin code from Github. I obviously don't want to do any cooking, or editing of any kind, at runtime, so what do I do to get a build of my project with the various Houdini scripts enabled? Have I missed some documentation on this?

Cheers,
Andy
67 posts
OK, so I added it, and it compiled OK. However does that mean there is code in the build that shouldn't be?
402 posts
That build break should have been fixed in 15.5.566 (which is probably equivalent to your local fix). So either update or keep your local change.
67 posts
Thank you for the update.
  • Quick Links