[Ramp creation] bugs? and questions..

1696   0   1
118 posts
Hello there,

I'm struggling with the creation of Ramps in the Edit Parameters Interface.

1. My goal is to create a Ramp(float) parameter and link its Default Points to an integer parameter called “PointsAmount” created in the same node, so that whenever I change my PointsAmounts the number of points of the ramp change accordingly.
    I don't really know the syntax to use here: I tried to type {PointsAmount} in the “Default Points” field, without success. I also tried to use the path chi(“../myWrange/PointsAmount”).
    Also, one frustrating thing for debugging here is that if you do wrong once in the “Default Points” field, the whole Ramp breaks forever, even if you manually revert the “Default Points” to an integer value, the Ramp remains broken and won't let you add any point to it.
    This slow down the debugging process because you would need to delete and create another ramp every time to check any new syntax combination.

2. A second weird thing about the ramp creation process: let's say I drag and add a Ramp(float), set “Default Points” to say 20, hit apply: the ramp is created with 20 points perfectly spaced to cover all the length. If I reduce the Default points to say 10, hit apply, and back on the node RMB on the ramp + revert to default (in order to update the new changes), the ramp is able to reduce the amount of points to 10, but they are no more perfectly spaced. They just cover half of the ramp width.
    Instead, if I increase the amount of “Default Points” to 30 (hit apply and revert to default), the new 10 points are added on position 0.0

3. To fix 2, I thought I could renormalize points position in my Wrangle node through Vex. I don't know which function I could use to set points position of the ramp and their value. I've found chramp(), but this function looks like is only capable of reading from a ramp, not writing to.

thanks for any help,
Andr
Edited by Andr1 - July 30, 2016 16:24:42
  • Quick Links