Color Vertex model import colors look different in Houdini and trying to figure out how to adjust them correctly

2356   1   0
55 posts
Hi,

I am doing some experiments from 3D coat to Houdini using vertex color information on high resolution models instead of using texture maps.
it seems to work pretty well, but when rendering in Houdini, it doesn't represent some of the color information I see in 3D coat.

The things like dirt and rust don't seem to work very well. I noticed this also happens in other programs as well. So far, I figured out some mods to the shader to enhance the vertex color but I don't see a lot of options in houdini. Or I just don't know them as I am fairly new to houdini.

Also I am trying to figure out how to do things like pipe the vertex color into the displacement and such which I figured out how to do in some other programs

Attached are some screen shots to see what I am talking about.

If anyone knows how to get the vertex color information closer to the original. That would be very helpful

Edited by vertigo262 - July 30, 2016 21:23:29

Attachments:
3dcoat object.jpg (147.0 KB)
Houdini Object.jpg (150.5 KB)
Mantra Surface.jpg (186.5 KB)

55 posts
On doing some tests, and bringing the model into 3d Studio It appears to have the same problem. So I think the issue might be the 3D coat export and the paint room layers. Although I would still like to figure out how to do other things like adding vertex color to displace and things like this.
  • Quick Links