Motion Capture Provided by mocapdata.com, Eyes, JAPAN Co. Ltd
The cloth solver in Houdini 12 is production-ready and capable of generating fast reliable clothing sims. Using a mathematically accurate sim model, the new solver handles difficult cases and provides point level control over all aspects of the sim. Character FX artists will want to take a look at this amazing new solver.
Houdini 12 now has a significantly enhanced the Cloth solver.
- Speed comparable to popular cloth solvers out there but with better handling of pinching than most. It is scale and resolution independent, so it behaves the same at different resolutions. It also has the ability to blend simulated cloth with animated cloth.
- There are new shelf tools to define and edit soft and hard constraints, including constrains more advanced than point-to-point constraints. New tools such as Attach Cloth to Body, Cloth Follow Animation, and Stitch Cloth.
- You now have the ability to transfer low-res simulated cloth to high-res geometry for rendering using the Cloth Capture SOP and Cloth Deform SOP.
- Multiple layers are now possible, including belts and pockets.
- Houdini’s accurate physically-based model offers the ability to have realistic non-stretchy cloth.
- A new SOP called PolyDoctor was designed specifically for cloth, but can be used as a general tool to clean invalid/ill-formed mesh geometry. Some of its functionality is available through the existing Clean SOP, a digital asset that now includes PolyDoctor.
- Ability to influence simulated cloth with animated geometry. These give certain parts of the cloth a particular shape which will stretch as the surrounding cloth simulates, then return to the desired shape when the cloth settles.
- All cloth object parameters can be controlled on a point-by-point basis.