Missing kinefx nodes

2558   4   2
2 posts
Im using Houdini Indie version 18.5.532 but I don't seem to have access to any of the new kinefx nodes, they just aren't showing up in the menu at the SOP level (skeleton, rigpose, etc.) anyone know whats happening? I tried using the unhide command in the textport but the they aren't in the list of hidden nodes either.
178 posts
Hi, I had the same issue when I installed one of the 3rd party renders (Arnold or Renderman) not quite sure..hmm try deleting the Houdini user folder, something like C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\houdini18.5 (save a copy just in case before deleting) that should help, I guess, and check which plugin causing that, if that's the issue.
I contribute to the beauty of this world
2 posts
Yea you're right, I removed one of the plugin scripts in the .env folder and that fixed it haha. Not really sure how its connected but thanks!
1 posts
Just an FYI. I had the same issue & I was able to resolve it while still using 3rd party renderers. My issues was that I had unnecessary lines in my env file. I cleaned it up and then only had one variable definition for PATH & HOUDINI_PATH. You can still link multiple renderers up by concatenating multiple paths for those variables. After that cleanup I was able to get the kinefx nodes workign again while still linking both octane and redshift. Hope this helps anyone else who finds this issue.
1 posts
Hello guys I'm using version 20.0.653, and having the same issue (kine fx doesn't work it used to work on older versions) now I do have Redshift and the ocio environment variables but I can't remove them since I'm part of a pipeline that uses redshift, I have a bung of shared usds already on redshift however I would also like to use kine fx. Do any of you have any idea what I should do?
  • Quick Links