Job Posted: March 8, 2018
FULL TIME - TORONTO
Finance and Administration
For over thirty years, SideFX has been providing artists with procedural 3D animation and visual effects tools designed to create the highest-quality cinematic results. We are passionate about what our customers do because our roots are in production, both as artists and as pioneering technical innovators.
SideFX has been recognized by the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Science several times for its flagship software product Houdini, and its breakthrough procedural based technology.
Houdini is used by the world’s top film, TV and game studios to create blockbuster movies as Big Hero 6 and Moana, captivating TV shows like American Gods and Games of Thrones, and hit video games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Mafia III.
SideFX is seeking a Recurring Revenue Specialist in our Finance department. The Recurring Revenue Specialist will play a pivotal role in fulfilling integral functions of managing renewal of revenue stream for Side Effects Software Inc. and its subsidiary. As part of the financial team, a hands-on approach is mandatory to ensure information is reviewed and reconciled. The Recurring Revenue Specialist will provide outstanding Annual Upgrade Plan (AUP)/Rental renewal management to customers ensuring the quotes are sent out timely, accurately, invoiced and licenses issued/extended. The candidate we are looking for will be a strong communicator, oral and written, superior analytical, audit skills and exceptional attention to detail. Willingness to learn about the Houdini product and film/game industry. The Recurring Revenue Specialist will always exercise high degree of customer services when corresponding with customers. He/She will also assist customers with temporary license requests. The candidate must have the ability to work independently, while exercising a high level of cooperation and collaboration with others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management and renewal of customer accounts globally.
- Responsible for timely preparation and issuances of quotes and invoices for customer’s AUP and Annual Rental renewals.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Controller on all co-terming requests from the customer and accurate quotation preparation as per the company policy.
- Responsible for pro-active email follow-ups with the customers on all quotes renewals sent out.
- Responsible for identifying priority accounts and addressing renewal needs from quotation to licenses issuances/extensions.
- Provide accurate revenue data relating to AUP and Annual Rental renewals.
- Provide controller with monthly detailed lapsed AUP/Rental renewals report.
- Effectively communicates with the account executives on issues pertaining to AUP and Annual Rental renewals.
- Maintain records of all free licenses and reconcile Customer Database against invoiced
- Work with respective account executives, customer support, Technical operations and any other teams of relevance to the role, as appropriate through the AUP/Rental renewals process when required.
- Manage and review the customer licenses in the Customer Database through the entire renewal process.
- Provide necessary feedback and recommendations as they relate to licenses renewal management and administration.
- Identify issues and problems as they occur and resolve as needed.
- Collaborate with controller and Revenue Accountant to identify process flow and areas of improvement to maintain control over the AUP/Rental renewals revenue cycle process, so that departmental and organizational goals and objectives can be achieved.
- Update Customer Database records as necessary to maintain accurate data that will be used across multiple business departments
- Minimum requirements include bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business field.
- Minimum three years in general accounting role or equivalent
- Demonstrated working knowledge of integrated ERP system; finance systems and ability to work in multiple platforms preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Word
- Proven track record of success handling a high volume of outgoing quotes and invoices
- Passion for providing exceptional customer service
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to stay detail-oriented
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Effective problem-solving capabilities
- Takes initiative and approaches all tasks and projects proactively
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and positive approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Superior analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Internal audit experience
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple accounts with ease and track information accurately
- Confident to challenge status quo and continually be seeking to improve processes
- Proactive and able to use initiative
Our transit-friendly head office location, directly adjacent to Union Station in the heart of downtown Toronto, is open-concept with a relaxed style that includes flexible hours and casual dress.
How to Apply
If interested, please apply directly Joyce Kamau via email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning Recurring Revenue Specialist in the subject line. We appreciate all candidates interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by SideFX.
SideFX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and selection process if requested.