Job Posted: October 17, 2017
FULL TIME | TORONTO
Job Type: Permanent
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Computer Graphics, Software Development
Company Size: ~100 people
Company Type: Private
SideFX is a leader in the creation of 3D animation software and we only hire the best and the brightest. We are looking for a system administrator to maintain various virtualized Linux servers, work closely with software and hardware vendors, and maintain and improve firewalls, VPNs, file servers, and other services. You will work in a small agile team alongside others who perform server admin, network admin, phone admin, desktop assembly, PC support, and software development for internal systems. At SideFX, you will have the ability to make a significant contribution to the success of our projects.
- Maintain, create, deploy, and patch virtualized Linux servers in testing and production environments
- Purchase hardware and software and work closely with vendors
- Maintain and improve firewalls, VPNs, DNS, email, storage, and other services
- Maintain backup systems and implement and test disaster recovery plans
- Document systems and policies
- Experience with network and machine security, firewalls, and VPNs
- Expertise in various flavours of Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat)
- Comfort with Windows and OSX
- Skill in shell scriptingExperience with VMWare
- Experience with configuring, deploying, and maintaining file servers
- Experience maintaining Cisco routersExperience with LDAP
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Apache or Nginx
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience with Dynamics CRM
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience programming with Python
About SideFX Software
Our flagship product, Houdini, is used to help create computer-generated content in nearly every new major feature film produced, and is increasingly used to create game content. Our customers include Disney Feature Animation, Pixar, Sony Pictures Imageworks, Weta Digital, Blue Sky, Electronic Arts, Microsoft Game Studios, Blizzard Entertainment, and many more.
Our transit-friendly head office location, directly adjacent to Union Station in the heart of downtown Toronto, is open-concept with a relaxed style that includes flexible hours, casual dress, and wraparound views from the 14th floor.
Our salaries are competitive. Perhaps most importantly, we offer challenging and enjoyable work in a collaborative and harmonious work environment. Our employee retention rate is much, much higher than industry standards.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Generous vacation time as your tenure increases
- The best hardware and monitors
- A company that values work-life balance
- A very financially healthy private company
- Regular birthday lunches and a company picnic
- Extremely close to GO trains and subway
- Health coverage for full-time staff
- Wraparound city and lake views from the 14th floor
- Aeron chairs and no cubicles
How to Apply
Please submit applications, including any example work you may have available to email@example.com with the subject "System Administrator". If the submitted work is not entirely yours, please state your contributions clearly and succinctly.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Resumes will be kept on file for a period of six months.