Downloading Apprentice

2569   2   0
1 posts
After several attempts over several different networks, I've been unable to complete the download of the Apprentice software. I've purchased an HD license and would like to have something to license.

The only difference noted between the networks over which I've attempted the download is the percentage of the download that completes (according to the little progress bar in the upper right corner of the browser). The faster the network, the greater the percentage of the download before the data rate drops to zero. These are mostly high-capacity broadband connections I'm using, so please don't rush to attribute this to a slow network.

If you can give me an FTP address, I'll use FileZilla. This should simplify the problem by allowing the FTP client to perform whatever keep-alive activities or session modulation best works for this download.

Thanks for your help.

Your latest eager and paying customer,

Dave
David L. Sieving
http://DLSieving.com [dlsieving.com]
Staff
3455 posts
the Apprentice (like all builds) is just a file…if you have difficulty downloading it I'd say that it's an issue on your end and not Side Effects - like any web site they have occasional issues, but I've had no issues for 99/100 times I've downloaded from the site…

what is your connection speed?
what browser are you using?
what extentions are you running in the browser?
virus detector? - does it scan downloads?
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
Staff
181 posts
Here is our general recommendation for users that encounter this problem:

-do not use a download manager
-temporarily disable firewalls and real time virus scanners
-clear the cache in your web browser before attempting to download again. This will ensure that you are accessing the “live” page, rather than a cached version.
  • Quick Links