Vornoi Fracture Problem

4429   4   2
14 posts
Hey people I am trying to smash a part of building with some object which is falling down frm sky so I used cookie SOP to extract the selected portion which I wanted to break and than I used Voronoi fracture points to scatter point around it but when I am connecting voronoi fracture points to Voronoi fracture than I am getting some pieces on the top of my extracted geo which are jst flat I mean there is no depth no extrusion on those pieces and I am not able to figure it out ………So have a look at it and please let me knw whats wrong I am doing…….
Here is the HIP file……

THANKS

Attachments:
vornoi_fracture.hipnc (239.7 KB)

190 posts
The problem in your file is that the cookie sop leaves a non connected polygon that you see at the top.
I wouldn't know how to prevent the cookie sop from doing this but just blasting that single primitive out of the way does the trick.

Hope this helps.

Attachments:
vornoi_fracture_fixed.hipnc (240.8 KB)

14 posts
RudiNieuwenhuis
The problem in your file is that the cookie sop leaves a non connected polygon that you see at the top.
I wouldn't know how to prevent the cookie sop from doing this but just blasting that single primitive out of the way does the trick.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah it absolutely helps thanks, but still I am trying to figure out how to make cookie SOP work so that it does'nt create these face or edges that gives problem . It always give these kind of problems, may be lets wait for other people reply may be someone know a cool trick……

THANKS
512 posts
it's quite easy, just turn the box on creation into a polygon mesh and give it some more axis subdivisions, that way the cookie SOP is less likely apt to fail. Then you can revert your fuse SOP distance threshold back to defaults and the Voronoi works just fine.

cheers,

Manu
http://vimeo.com/user2522760 [vimeo.com]
http://stormbornvfx.com/ [stormbornvfx.com]
Manuel Tausch
14 posts
asnowcappedromance
it's quite easy, just turn the box on creation into a polygon mesh and give it some more axis subdivisions, that way the cookie SOP is less likely apt to fail. Then you can revert your fuse SOP distance threshold back to defaults and the Voronoi works just fine.

cheers,

Manu

Thanks yeah I figured that out yesterday, I Appreciate your comment……
  • Quick Links