Voronoi with Cookie Issue

2574   4   1
54 posts
Im doing a rbd sim and i have cookied out the section of a wall that is going to be destroyed, but when i run the voronoi on this section im getting random points popping out, it doesnt happen if i fracture the geo with out the cookie. it was hard to get a good screen shot of it but iv selected some of the affected faces.. Im doing the same process on some of my other geo which is even more complicated but not having the same issue there… my teacher thinks it may be an issue from having modeled in Maya and brought in to houdini but again iv never had this issue before and done this many times.. any ideas?

Attachments:
Voronoi Issue.jpg (188.9 KB)

112 posts
Can you upload the file?
54 posts
of course, I should have done that before..

the weird thing is i had it fractured differently before and it was fine but as i started to refine and art direct the break the problem started to show..

Attachments:
VoronoiIssue.hipnc (1.6 MB)

31 posts
The primitives which make up the sides of your geometry are facing inwards. If you turn on Create Groups on your Break_Wall Cookie SOP, it's the resulting group called “Bin” - a reverse SOP on that group before the Voronoi Fracture fixes the problem.
Facebook [facebook.com] | Twitter [twitter.com] | Google+ [plus.google.com]
54 posts
Darric
The primitives which make up the sides of your geometry are facing inwards. If you turn on Create Groups on your Break_Wall Cookie SOP, it's the resulting group called “Bin” - a reverse SOP on that group before the Voronoi Fracture fixes the problem.

Thank you so much, i had checked the normals i must have missed this part. again thanks!
  • Quick Links