Problem with Scatter Node !

6571   5   3
1391 posts
Hi

I created a path and use a custom node to growth a surface along path in every frame.

I scattered some points on the surface but I want do something to fix position of the scattered point's on the surface !

I turn off “Scatter Based On Primitive Area” on the scatter Node .

but only when I set “Point per Area” to 1.0 the point's has fixed position and if I set this parameter to less than 1.0 the points has random position in every frame.
How I can fix this problem ?

you can download my scene file.

thanks

Attachments:
ScatterNode.hip (124.3 KB)

https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
190 posts
One thing you could do to make sure scattered points stay attached to animated geometry is using an attribute on the geometry and scatter based on that attribute.
This does however require non-changing topology if i remember well so you will have to make sure the geometry only deforms but this should not be too difficult i guess.
1391 posts
Thanks a lot my friend
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
257 posts
Hello,

was trying to understand what you guys are talking abt… I used uv and color attribute to scatter points, seems like the points are still jittering around (had “points per area” set to 0.5).

Although setting it to a value of 1.0 will make the points seems like they have a fixed position, looking at the points' numbers - they are still shuffling around, is that suppose to happen? :?

eitht.

Attachments:
scatternode_scatter_using_attribute_eitht.hipnc (124.0 KB)

190 posts
eitht
Hello,

was trying to understand what you guys are talking abt… I used uv and color attribute to scatter points, seems like the points are still jittering around (had “points per area” set to 0.5).

Although setting it to a value of 1.0 will make the points seems like they have a fixed position, looking at the points' numbers - they are still shuffling around, is that suppose to happen? :?

eitht.

The geometry you use as input is not really the same over time. It goes from 197 primitives in frame 1 to 1877 primitives in frame 240. That won't work this way.

See the attached file to see that it does work if you use geometry that only deforms.

Attachments:
lock_scatter_to_geo.hipnc (129.2 KB)

257 posts
Understood, thank you Rudi!
Is there a solution for the case where the topology is changing, anybody?

eitht.
  • Quick Links