Vertices from COP Image

2364   4   1
383 posts
I want to create a vertex or a particle for each pixel of the attached image from COP which is lighter than a certain threshold. How can I solve this problem? Any hints on similar example files ?

Attachments:
detector.jpg (542.0 KB)

www.woogieworks.at
383 posts
With trace fuse and sort I succeeded in creating the Pointcloud I wanted to achive, but if I export the randomly sorted Pointcloud into an obj for example the point order is absolutely not random. In the obj the points are iterated from top left to bottom right, but I would need random points in the object.
So my next question would be how to create an .obj from my pointcloud with random point order…
An how can I get rid of the polygons ? I just want to have the point. blast alway killed all polys and points.

thx
www.woogieworks.at
330 posts
you can remove geometry but keep points using an Add SOP .

.cheers
except the things that cannot be seen , nothing is like it seems .
383 posts
zarti
you can remove geometry but keep points using an Add SOP .
.cheers
Works perfectly now. If I place the Geometry ROP after the Sort Node and this after Point Add SOP the Vertices are randomly mixed in the .obj file. If there were polygons left, the vertex index in houdini was random, but in the exported file it was not.
www.woogieworks.at
84 posts
You also can delete geometry keeping the points with a Delete Sop, it has a check box “Keep Points” at the bottom.

..just pointing out an alternative way
  • Quick Links