Hide objects from specific views, possible?

1739   2   1
84 posts
Hi! everyone

I was wondering, is there any way to hide objects from specific views?
For example that it shows on ortho top view but not on persp view and stuff like that… some script function or option?

The reason why I ask is because I was polishing a little tool I made for modeling to create reference modeling planes. I know that you can display background pictures on every viewport but I found annoying to have to go to each view to configure it so I made an otl to have all the controls on one window. Also this way I could add some other functionality like opacity, angular tilt and flips because I was too lazy to fix those details on the images on a image editing software..

Bur for the finishing touch I would like to be able to show the corresponding plane only depending on the selected view and also have the option to hide or show in persp view.

here's a foto of the tool:

Attachments:
modelplanesTool.jpg (205.7 KB)

Staff
5156 posts
Unfortunately, no, it's not possible. The Visible Objects display option appears to affect all viewports, regardless of the “Apply Operation to All Split Views” setting. Even if it did work, I think this would still be pretty clunky for what you're trying to do.
84 posts
twod thanks for your reply

hmm too bad…
and I think there is no hope of it being implemented ever… since its a not-really-useful option except in rare cases like mine..

actually I can live without it.. just leave the parameters for my node pinned on a separate window and clic on-off the planes i don't need at that moment. I just thought it would be neat to have the option specially if someone comes used to a Maya environment and is used to use the Maya image planes for modeling (actually better.. because 1. its Houdini… and 2 you get the controls for every image in one place)

Thanks anyway!
  • Quick Links