Rendering Sprites Issue

3309   8   0
7 posts
Hey everyone I'm trying to render out sprites and every time I do. the sprites have a black background. I want the background to be transparent, so only the image I'm using for the texture displays..

Ive attached my houdini file!

Attachments:
leafy.hipnc (245.0 KB)

58 posts
In your surface shader, load the alpha from the texture and apply it to opacity

Attachments:
leafy_182.hipnc (252.4 KB)

7 posts
Hey thanks. sorry i never responded but I ended up figuring out how to do that part on my own! the part I'm having trouble with now is that when I render my FX. I want the Alpha information I'm giving my sprites to render out. but the sprites all render out with the same ALPHA although i have it changing by $LIFE of the sprite

Thanks for your help laiwayne!!
7 posts
To be a little more specific. I have a color node that is giving each sprite a different alpha value throughout its life. When I render my animation. All of the sprites don't read the information from the alpha channel on my color node. I only have this problem during rendering
7 posts
seems like this is a common problem with no real straight forward solution
7 posts
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=25895 [sidefx.com]

I've read this post with no success in implementing it
Staff
5158 posts
Try also assigning a constant color along with the alpha; perhaps adding this will help? It make not like A without RGB. </wildguess>
7 posts
thanks for the reply twod. i tried your suggestion with no success.. Ive also tried placing the world Alpha in my sprite procedural with no success either
7 posts
I have successfully figured it out yaaay

Attachments:
leafy.hipnc (384.7 KB)

• Quick Links