Animated RBD Points Instances to Bullet Solver problem

1943   0   1
84 posts
Hi everyone,

I have a problem when animating some RBD_Points and then passing them to the Bullet solver and maybe someone here can help me.

I have some animated points in SOP, with an attribute that will determine if its RBD instance should follow the animated points or if it should be solved by dynamics.

I bring those points on to a DOP net with a RBD Point Object, and control the instances with an Active Value DOP, fetching the SOP attribute value to determine if it should be active or passive.

Up to here it works with both solvers, RBD and Bullet, but just with that my inactive instances don't follow the animated points, so I attached a Point Position Dop and fetch the position for the passive objects. That worked good for the RBD solver, but if I change to Bullet solver the instances stop following the points when they become active but don't get simulated.

Any ideas why is not working for Bullet?

I built an example file to show the problem.

from frame 1-15 the teapots follow the animated points, at frame 15 their attribute changes and they start falling.

It doesn't work properly while is on Bullet, change the solver to RBD on DOPs and it works.

!?

Attachments:
Animated_RBD_POINTS_to_bullet_problem.hip (625.6 KB)

• Quick Links