Pyro FX Help

2584   2   1
27 posts
Excuse my ignorance but im very new to Houdini, so this question might seem really silly. Anyways here its goes… So im trying to do an effect where its a quick explosion but i cant figure out what parameter i would use to key the fuel source on for a few frames so it has enough to ignite, but then key off eventually so that i dont have this constant fuel source like a bon fire or something. I thought it was the Temperature Output but that wasnt it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
84 posts
the best way to learn the different techniques for the effects is to use the shelf tools and check the parameters to see how SESI did it.

In your case you could set up a Fireball from the shelf to check that. to control the fuel source you can key your Scale Source Volume from the Source volume node you're using to bring your fuel.
Also keying the gas release in a similar fashion will help you with the explosive look.
27 posts
ahh thanks that makes sense.. Im comming from a Maya background so im just trying to figure out the Houdini way to do things … but yeah that seemed to be my answer. Thanks alot
  • Quick Links