Houdini dynamic groups to Alembic Facesets problems

2893   3   1
84 posts
Hi!

When exporting geometry with changing topology through Alembic the geometry is exported fine, but the groups that I created (and change accordingly in houdini) are not exported correctly.

Does alembic only support static facesets? or is this some kind of bug that I should send a report?

I attached a simple scene file to demonstrate the error.

Attachments:
08189_alembicFacesetError_01.hip (103.2 KB)

Staff
2591 posts
robonilla
Hi!

When exporting geometry with changing topology through Alembic the geometry is exported fine, but the groups that I created (and change accordingly in houdini) are not exported correctly.

Does alembic only support static facesets? or is this some kind of bug that I should send a report?

Hi,

This is a bug – but I'm not sure exactly where the bug is right now. The issue is that the frames-per-second is not being applied when loading the face set geometry. This means that the face sets aren't synchronized with the rest of the geometry.
Staff
2591 posts
robonilla
Hi!

The bug was in export of animated face sets from Houdini. This will be fixed in the next daily build.
84 posts
Wow.. SESI's fast response never ceases to amaze me!

Awesome!!
thank you very much Mark!
  • Quick Links