Applying forces to selected objects in the same RBD solver

5970   4   2
4 posts
Hi there,

I was wondering how can I wire a RBD system so that forces are applied to specific selected objects in the same RBD solver while not affecting others.

For example I would like to fire a ball at a wall and have that fracture procedurally, however I would like gravity to affect only the ball but not the wall?

Thanks
10 posts
Hi,

I'm no expert, but one simple way you could do it is to group dynamic objects, and then in gravity or any other force select group that you wish to be affected.
Look at the simple file I attached, hope it helps.

Cheers,
Sasa

Attachments:
Forces_to_grouped_objects.hip (217.3 KB)

Animator - Twitter [twitter.com], Vimeo [vimeo.com]
1391 posts
Also you can just write your specify RBD Object name in the Group section from your force (You can do it whitout using Groups )

Attachments:
JKSimple_RBD.hip (240.2 KB)

https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
4 posts
Thanks for that!

Both ways are were helpful for me in understanding ways that I can build my network and how data flows through the nodes.

Cheers
Staff
4435 posts
Stealing outright from Joker386, I've created another alternative that might give you even more insight into how a DOP network works. This approach (using the ApplyData node) is not the way the shelf tools build networks because it requires too much knowledge of what's going on in the network, and may not work in all cases (such as the hip file provided by sabudimir where all objects stream out of the same source RBD Object DOP). But if you are building a network by hand this approach can be much clearer in terms of being able to understand what the network is doing just by looking at it. You don't need to look at the gravity node's group field to know that it is only going to affect some of the objects.

Anyway, I just wanted to demonstrate yet another alternative.

Also note that this hip file was created with H13. I suspect it will load okay in 12.5. If not, hey, it's release day! You should be able to download H13 yourself at some point today.

Mark

Attachments:
jksimple_rbd_135_alternative.hip (257.9 KB)

• Quick Links