Flip Simulation based in a geometry

3581   3   0
13 posts
Hi guys, i really i need help with a shot that i am doing, so i need create a flip simulation based in a wave geometry done in maya, the wave have to do exactly that the maya geometry but with flip sim.
I tried to create a flip emission from the geometry and follow the wave geometry perfectly but is emmitting fluid constatly and is wrong, someone know a way to do it?
or maybe someone know a way to emit fluid from the wave geometry keeping the shape and completly dynamic sim?
thank u guys
Lead FX @ Jellyfish Pictures
606 posts
Check what sort of setups the different OceanFX shelf tools create, as a couple of them use an underlying ocean wave surface as the basis of an additional flip sim. Maybe you could use some ideas from those.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini13.0/shelf/ocean_differences [sidefx.com]
13 posts
hi eetu, thank you so much for your quickly reply so thats is not that i am looking for, really the flat tank is move following an object but is not moving changing the shape, so i am looking for a way to fill a wave geometry shape that is animated and deformated loaded by alembic, so will be nice that way, fill with flip particles my deformed geometry and after that add interaction with collisions, i tried to do something similar and flip follow particles but adding gravity my particles falling down.
13 posts
finally done, creating a custom field.
Cheers.
  • Quick Links