Transferring attributes from particles to primitives?

3044   2   0
112 posts
Say I have a flow of particles that collide with a geo surface, randomly spraying the surface of the collision object. I want each area (or polygon) of the surface of the geo hit by the original particles to start birthing particles (only the areas that have been hit to start birthing particles on the geo surface). How would I go about that?

I somewhat figured I need to check off “Add Hit Position Attribute” under the Collision POP…and then somehow use an Attribute Transfer to the polys or geometry surface and then group those polygons that have been hit by the particles flowing. Finally, using that group as a source for new particles. Still trying to figure out the details…

Any thoughts?

Thanks
www.tirgari.com
7714 posts
In your Collision POP, give your collision group a name, say “justhit”. Now append a Split POP to the Collision POP. Put “justhit” into the Source Group. Change Birth Probability to how many particles you want to birth. For example, to always birth two particles put in 2 2.
112 posts
Ok, the problem is the options I have for splitting is from either an instance or original particles. What I want to do is to have the just-hit areas (polys) to birth new particles themselves, so I can use the new particles and break up the geometry surface in SOPs. You hit a polygon on the target surface, that polygon birth a new particle which can be used to break the poly off the geomtery surface.

Sorry, I was not more specific with my intent.
www.tirgari.com
  • Quick Links