RE: Composite COP rendering blank?

3618   2   0
112 posts
I am not sure why, but I have a scene setup in COPs and when I try to render the sequence in ROPs using the Composite operator the mplay window remains blank and I can't play any frames. It seems to go through the cooking process too. But in the end, nothing seems to have rendered. However, I am able to render individual frames which is odd!
www.tirgari.com
Staff
5156 posts
Can you render a frame range through an output driver to disk files? Or just one frame at a time?

Can you render a smaller network successfully (like a default Font COP), using the same output driver to mplay? If you can, I'd be interested in seeing the network (no image files required, just the hip).

Also, are you running Windows or Linux? (IRIX? Solaris??) Apprentice version?

Sorry 'bout the million questions…
112 posts
Ok, when I right-click on the Layer COP in my COPs network, I can render the whole sequence to mplay directly. However, I am not able to render through the Composite ROP.

Also, as mentioned, with the Composite ROP I can render individual frames, but not a sequence.

I also tested the Composite ROP by placing a Font COP and then having the Comp ROP render 300 frames. Same thing: blank mplay. When I hit play, mplay does not run through frames either.
Nor do I see anything rendered on frame 1.

Maybe I have some obvious setting wrong, but I am not sure.

I am running Apprentice on Windows XP pro.
www.tirgari.com
  • Quick Links