Modelling and some consideration

14636   25   1
4512 posts
+1 for awesome support. You get to talk to the developers even though you don't know exactly who

I think it's done on purpose to get people know SESI as a collective entity rather than individuals.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
387 posts
+1 on awesome SESI support.

It's nowhere near the one that provides AD.
304 posts
pusat
+1 for awesome support. You get to talk to the developers even though you don't know exactly who

I think it's done on purpose to get people know SESI as a collective entity rather than individuals.

Yes. It doesn´t matter which dev replies. They are a hive mind
Javier Meroño
FX TD.
4189 posts
Some conclusions after reading quite a few ‘whoa, a developer actually wrote’ and the ‘I never use Support’ on this SI forums

1. The experience with support before was probably was next to useless, therefore seriously a waste of time to try to use it.

2. Corporate communications PR policy stop developers writing on the forums. i.e. 'we do not discuss on forums as it would admit some problem, that we then do not have if we do not write’

Bizarrely this turned developers into some sort of god-like acolyte that people weep for joy upon hearing them speak Overall this could be classed as a ‘disease’ of using a large public corporation’s software. It sounds nothing but frustration!

A great side benefit of doing it better here, is that as dialog increases from users, software bugs can get ironed out very quickly - in a few days sometimes. As one example take a look at a question below on the the hair and fur node; Issued posted March 3rd, fixed March 6th

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=30980 [sidefx.com]
Staff
635 posts
MartybNz
Some conclusions after reading quite a few ‘whoa, a developer actually wrote’ and the ‘I never use Support’ on this SI forums

1. The experience with support before was probably was next to useless, therefore seriously a waste of time to try to use it.

2. Corporate communications PR policy stop developers writing on the forums. i.e. 'we do not discuss on forums as it would admit some problem, that we then do not have if we do not write’

Bizarrely this turned developers into some sort of god-like acolyte that people weep for joy upon hearing them speak Overall this could be classed as a ‘disease’ of using a large public corporation’s software. It sounds nothing but frustration!

A great side benefit of doing it better here, is that as dialog increases from users, software bugs can get ironed out very quickly - in a few days sometimes. As one example take a look at a question below on the the hair and fur node; Issued posted March 3rd, fixed March 6th

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=30980 [sidefx.com]

Thank you for the kind comment. And even though R&D cannot respond to every post on the Houdini forums, we all comb through the forums on a daily basis. You should never worry that you might not have been heard.

As to the SI Forum, we are reading it with keen interest. If you have read twod and halfdan's posts here earlier, you know now that the timing could not have been better.

Cristin
4189 posts
Thanks Cristin,

It's definitely very exciting times for Houdini!
  • Quick Links