Procedural animation of voronoi fractures

3773   2   2
1 posts
Hi I'm newbie here and I try to learn houdini in my spare time, and I have one question or actually two, first when I import geometry from other software like an obj file created in Modo, I have issues with the Spring solver node Node, I fracture the model using a scatter node and a voronoi fracture node, pretty simple and then apply the spring solver, the part are blown awat really quick, but when I connect the same network to a geometry created inside houdini It work just fine, I wonder if this is a problem of the apprentice version? And if I don't want to use this spring solver but try to animate the pieces procedurally what I need to do, I try to follow the cmivfx tutorial ember an ash but like I said only works with geometry created inside houdini for me, I don't know if I miss something the obj that I'm importing has proper UV's and all the normals corrected. If you can help me I can provide the .hipnc file.

Thanks and sorry if I said something wrong I don't speak english.

Attachments:
study.zip (116.9 KB)

1391 posts
About your first question , If you check Spring Help page , You should see that the Spring SOP use Point's Normals as initial Velocity !
The Teapot doesn't have normals , But your imported model has point's normal !
So if you wanna have same result like Teapot , You should delete Normals of your imported geometry.

About your second question , Yes you have too many ways for creating Procedural Animation in the Houdini , But create same animation like Spring SOP is not very easy !

I made two different method about Procedural Animation for you and I hope that it can help you , Check attached project :wink:

Attachments:
JK_study.zip (96.6 KB)

https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
1391 posts
Stamp Function is most important tool for creating Procedural Animations and Motion Graphics , You should learn all of the methods of using Stamp Function like using it in the Copy SOP , For Each SOP , L System , CHOP Network , DOP Network and maybe etc !!!
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
  • Quick Links