Block editing in timeline

5259   4   0
1145 posts
Alright now that we have block editing in the flipbook, I think it's hightime the timeline view in mplay is actually put to use.
I'd like to see the ability to see the flipbooks, not just an example image, in the timeline view and have the ability to load multiple flipbook “tracks” and manipulate the block editing of any flipbooks loaded.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
Staff
5156 posts
I'd like to see the ability to see the flipbooks, not just an example image,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you referring to the playbar timeline, or the actual timeline editor (Ctrl+2)? If you are referring to the timeline editor, the preview rate can be specified at the bottom of the view - 'Preview every frames' - and changed to ‘1’ to see all the images in a sequence (though only if you're zoomed in enough).

and have the ability to load multiple flipbook “tracks”

You can do this by clicking ‘Start New Sequence’ between each flipbook render. Rather than rendering over the previous sequence, it will begin a new sequence (“track”).

and manipulate the block editing of any flipbooks loaded.

Manipulate is a little vague - what would you like to accomplish?
1145 posts
I couldn't find the Start New Sequence option.

Example:

I have two characters that I've created facial animation for in separate takes. The timing between the two is important.
I'd like to flipbook each of these takes with block editing on, load each into the timeline separately and watch both at the same time and edit the blocking keys for each to modify their timing.
Staff
5156 posts
I couldn't find the Start New Sequence option.

Sorry, I meant to mention where that button was. It's in the upper right corner of the mplay window, 4 icons from the right.

I see what you mean know, thanks. By “takes” are you referring to Houdini takes (just to be clear)?
1145 posts
Yes, Houdini Takes.

I found the new sequence button, thanks, although it appears that the a new sequence doesn't load unless you have a particular interface visible. Thus if I don't have the timeline view open, a second sequence won't load. The sequence is there but the images are a copy of the first sequence.
By the way what are your plans for the timeline viewer?

I've got a couple of questions concerning the delete and rename cop, it's posted on the technical forum. Would you take a look please.

thanks,
  • Quick Links