animation improvements in Houdini

71252   144   1
136 posts
I edited/deleted this post since i made an error. Holding down SHIFT key allows for all the edits i need in dopesheet. My bad.
Edited by - July 23, 2014 06:57:24
655 posts
Well spotted, the keyframes not going over other keyframe is not very useful at all.

Regarding PSD format in principle is great idea, practically it is not.. just think about what do you do with layer effects for example… easily you will see it is a monster task that will suck a ton of dev resources for little practical benefit.

I am on vacation so I will not extend it further but on my way back I can try to explain better why I would rather support natively UDIM or U_V_.

cheers
136 posts
jordibares
Well spotted, the keyframes not going over other keyframe is not very useful at all.

Regarding PSD format in principle is great idea, practically it is not.. just think about what do you do with layer effects for example… easily you will see it is a monster task that will suck a ton of dev resources for little practical benefit.

I am on vacation so I will not extend it further but on my way back I can try to explain better why I would rather support natively UDIM or U_V_.

cheers

Looks like it's my error - i can move keys if i hold SHIFT. Uuups, sorry for this. ops: As for .psd i do all my texturing in photoshop so i use files as i save them. It does support tiffs, but this adds more work to my workflow; i edit psd files several times. If i save tiffs it increases file size; not a huge deal though. Regarding UV it looks like there is no ABF unwrapping - but maybe i am wrong in this regard to. Have a nice vacation.
249 posts
I dont know if this had been added but i would love if scoped parameters (channel box) would allow a drag selection like in Maya.

LMB in one box and drag up and you have no selected a bunch of channels and then enter a value and it applies to all of them.

You can multiselect but it is not as easy as i have described. Also using the ladder slider is way to many clicks in the scoped parameters. To click in a channel and drag to increase/decrease a value is very useful but to click then select how much you want to increment and then drag adds a layer of complexity and removes speed from most situations.

Just my little two cents.
blog [abvfx.wordpress.com]tumblr [andrewbrowne.tumblr.com]twitter [twitter.com]
Staff
476 posts
phrenzy84
LMB in one box and drag up and you have no selected a bunch of channels and then enter a value and it applies to all of them.
Did you try holding down Ctrl and dragging with LMB?
I think it already does what you want.
It works fine selected the colored labels.
Selecting the value boxes is a bit harder since you can't do it while a value box has the keyboard focus. You need to click empty space, then Ctrl LMB drag.
  • Quick Links