houdini 7.0

7566   9   3
8 posts
how come there is not a viewer contriols on the main viewer cant seem to find it anywhere
Staff
2540 posts
Most likely all the icon bars have been stowed and you have to click-open them. The stowbars hide themselves as thick 3 pixel wide embossed bars that run horizontal and vertically around the viewport. The viewport is surrounded by them.
There's at least one school like the old school!
8 posts
nope i made sure everytrhing is opened and i still dont have the viewer controls anywhere…. usually its right underneither the pane the arrow looking icon , but it's not there and its making it dififult for me changing stuff idon't know whats up..
Unless someone can send me a screen shot of there program might help me out a little more can send to dwight04@telus.net
Staff
1072 posts
It might help to describe some of the functionality you appear to be missing.

There are generally three bars at the top of the pane. The first two can be collapsed as one and comprise the pane bar. The third is the operation control bar. It contains the state icon, snapping controls, and help icon. It also contains any toolbox controls for active states.
77 posts
Which “viewer controls” are you talking about?

To move, rotate or zoom the viewport, you hold down the space bar and just click with your mouse anywhere in the viewport :

LMB - rotate, RMB - move, MMB- zoom

Note: the space bar puts the viewport into “view” mode. You don't need to press the spacebar if you were already in “view” mode.

Another thing that might help you, which I found a bit confusing at first, is that if you want to move/rotate/scale an object, you have to select either a “transform” or “object” modifier after pressing TAB, then selecting your object(s). Other 3d programs that I've used, default to this “transform” mode.

Also, check the mode that's being displayed in the upper left corner. Many of the modifiers are “sticky”. That is they will remain activated until you press ESC to exit them.

I highly recommend that you download the tutoroal video called “object states” from here : http://sidefx.vislab.usyd.edu.au/houdini_video/by_topic/general/index.html [sidefx.vislab.usyd.edu.au]

It's listed under version 5.5, but will still work for version 7. (I think <g>)

All the tutorials : http://sidefx.vislab.usyd.edu.au/ [sidefx.vislab.usyd.edu.au]

Mike
8 posts
here are links to the two screen shots i posted on site to show you wha ti mean

http://www3.telus.net/public/dwight04/ [www3.telus.net]

Staff
5156 posts
Your realplayer screenshot is blank, however, going by the locations of your notations, the prompt text has moved to the bottom of Houdini (under the playbar). I'm not sure what you're referring to in the other 2 comments.
8 posts
sorry about that corrected the link now, i am just trying to display that i do not have any tabs for me to acess my viewer controls in my main view pane
The viewer control tab consists of as followed
Model current object
edit current operation
repeat current operation
repeat current operation <branch>
repeat preveous operation
repeat previous operation <branch>
operation perameters
Enable xray for all bones
disable xray for all bones
change all objects to black
change all objects to white
Hide all persistent handles
show all persistent handles
make all handles persistent
Move to parent object
move to root obj
move to leaf obj
move to child obj
move to left sib
move to right sib
rename selected nodes
find operatior
edit toolbar
these are some of the operations that are in the viewer control that i do not have on my program or let me rephrase cant find LOL…
and also i am not getting wher eit says file edit options i dont get Dialogs I have also noticed that i do not get my mouse actions in the tab where the file edit etc are in to show wha tmy mouse is doing etc…

Sorry for all this info but i am trying my dangest to understand this program but i just cant seem to find these few options in my program
2199 posts
Model current object
edit current operation
repeat current operation
repeat current operation <branch>
repeat preveous operation
repeat previous operation <branch>
operation perameters
Enable xray for all bones
disable xray for all bones
change all objects to black ( Never heard of this one)
change all objects to white (Never heard of this one)
Hide all persistent handles
show all persistent handles
make all handles persistent
Move to parent object
move to root obj

move to leaf obj
move to child obj
move to left sib
move to right sib
rename selected nodes
find operatior
edit toolbar

These are all under the menus labelled Pane Network Operator Select View found at the top of the viewport….

I'm guessing you are looking at an old tutorial, the layout may well have changed somewhat.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
8 posts
yes that is correct i am looking at a possible older tutorial

I wanted to thank you simon and others for your help
Greatly appreciated
  • Quick Links