Keyframing blend handle

2960   4   1
2199 posts
Anyone had any trouble keyframing the blend handle? The help says use the pose tool and hit “k” to add a key frame to the blend handle. I'm finding this doesn't work. Am I missing something?
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
7709 posts
Do you mean the blend object tool? Without more context, I'm not sure what you mean.

If you're putting down a blend object from the object viewer, the handle will appear immediately and you'll be able to hit k to keyframe. If you're trying to manipulate an existing blend object in the viewer, then you need to do Tab > Pose, select the blend object, right-click if you have secure-selection turned on. Once the handles show up and are active, hitting k will keyframe the scoped parameters. It's probably best if you have a Channel List pane open at the same time.
2199 posts
Sorry, I meant the blend ik/fk handle. Don't know why I assumed you would have known that :roll:
7709 posts
Slightly procedure then. Pose tool, select a bone of the your bone chain/ Right-click on the handle and choose “Show Blend Handle”. Right-click handle and choose “Scope Channels”. Now hitting k will work.
2199 posts
Thankyou. Thought I was missing something.
Might be worth updating the docs. Also someone here was looking at character tools and after a while came up to me to ask about the joint sop…. might be worth removing that too. Apparently it was the first thing they found when searching for character tools, oops.
  • Quick Links