remeshing

6427   3   2
289 posts
Hi has anyone an idea how to remesh a shape so it has the same polygon structure as a metaball shape. The reason I would like to do this is because I want to apply an vex mountain ontop of an already displaced mesh. This displaced mesh has because of the previous displacement unequal poly densities.

So I tried to put it trough the isosurface sop but I dont think it is usefull for this.
Subdivision is not what I was looking for because I still gives the same problem with the unequal poly density.

Any other Idea's?
A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer.
46 posts
I don't know if this is really what you are thinking of: Perhaps you can use the divide-SOP with the “Bricker Polygons” option? This might generate edge strips, that run parallel with a very short distance to each other (e.g. a bricker line next to an already axis aligned edge strip within the mesh). These artifacts could be removed by a following fuse-SOP.
Hope that helps…
289 posts
Yes exactly what I was looking for!!!

Thanks!!
A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer.
46 posts
Here is another idea I had: It uses stamping of the copy operator to subdivide each primitive based on its area. The SOPs are commented, so I think the file should be pretty self explanatory. One drawback of this method is, that the resulting mesh is not watertight anymore (T-vertices are introduced)
remesh.hipnc.gz [www9.informatik.uni-erlangen.de]
  • Quick Links