getting orient from cloth sim to transform RBD

2477   2   1
94 posts
HI, since a long time, I wanted to make some ground deforming and cracking. So I did a cloth sim, deformed the centroid of my fractured geo to get the motion and copied the pieces back on these points. But they never get the good orientation, mainly because of the orientation. Could someone explain to me how I could do it?
Thx a lot

Attachments:
RnD013.hip (544.3 KB)

94 posts
no one ?
Or is there another way to copy them without using the orient attribute and how would I do it?
260 posts
That´s a good question. I´m trying to do something similar.
In the “Position” data, there is an orient attribute. It´s a 4vector, the first 3 are direction, and the forth I think it´s the cosine of the rotation, so, you can build you own orient attribute.
The problem is that I don´t think it´s that attribute that rotates the geo. I did some tests and it has a xform matrix in the same data, and I think it generates that from the orient attribute, so, using a script solver to change the orient attribute doesn´t change the matrix, and nothing happens.
The only solution I found is to use the position nodes… give them a shot!

The other option would be using sop solver, but since it changes the geometry, the object needs to recalculate the colision geometry too…
  • Quick Links