Houdini not working on Mac Os Yosemite

17424   17   4
60 posts
Hi.

I realize that Mac Os Yosemite is still in Beta so I'm not too worried at this point but I'm just curious if anyone has Houdini work on Yosemite at the moment? Mine just bounces in the dock for a couple seconds and then disappears. No crash info or anything. I'm wondering if this is an issue with Yosemite or my specific installation.

Thanks!
4189 posts
try launching Houdini from the terminal
23 posts
I've been getting that too Launching from the terminal yields two crash logs which I attached.

Received them on a early-2011 15" Macbook Pro. Heh. We did sign up as guinnea pigs downloading Yosemite I have the feeling darwin-x86_64-clang4.1-MacOSX10.8 should read 10.10.

Things we tried and didn't work
  • chmod 777 sesinetd (looking for permissions issues)
Edited by - Aug. 28, 2014 18:27:08

Attachments:
crash.steven_26779_log.txt (3.2 KB)
crash.steven_26778_log.txt (3.2 KB)

258 posts
A total stab in the dark here but I have had corruption of sesinetd permissions that cause this kind of behavior under Mavericks that go away when I do chmod 777 sesinetd. I have had this happen twice.
23 posts
No dice. Although this line was added to the end of the hkey crash log:

36 ??? 0x0000000000000003 0x0 + 3

Not that it really says much haha. Maybe there's an exit(3) somewhere that the devs could find XD

I think I'm going to start a running list on my original post of things we tried.
60 posts
Yeah, I continue to get:

4533: Fatal error: Segmentation fault (sent by pid 0)

I tried running it from the terminal and I get the same error there too. I guess I'll have to wait until Yosemite is officially released and see what happens. It was silly to run a beta version I know but I couldn't help myself
6 posts
it isnt running at all on yosemite?
23 posts
Nope! Haven't found a solution, then again I didn't press too far into it. Not sure if it's something we can figure out and hack around
174 posts
hi,
just saw this on the daily build ;-)

Houdini 13.0.531: Fixed Houdini so that it runs on Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite DP).
25 posts
Caution ! Yosemite upgrade just deleted my Houdini Indie license and i am in trouble.No solution so far, tried everything, waiting for support.
25 posts
Caution ! Yosemite upgrade just deleted my Houdini Indie license and i am in trouble.No solution so far, tried everything, waiting for support.
301 posts
Houdini 13.0.547 does run on OS X 10.0 Yosemite (released).

I just installed both.

However, I could only get it to run successfully from the Houdini Terminal.

Double clicking the Houdini FX icon pops up error dialog about unable to find license server.

It might be because I did an OS X upgrade rather than a full clean install on a new machine.

Cheers
Nicholas Yue
25 posts
I coud start it someway from Houdini Shell.terminal.
Hope it will solve the problem
Edited by - Oct. 18, 2014 18:34:48
4189 posts
You can launch Houdini from the terminal by opening the ‘Houdini Shell.terminal’ please see attached screen grab.

Type in ‘Houdini’ and press the return key - Houdini should then launch.

Attachments:
Houdini Shell goodness.png (61.2 KB)

25 posts
Thank you , it worked.
I figured just before reading it.
2 posts
Anyone else able to get houdini running on Yosemite? Im running the latest daily build and even starting it with the houdini shell it still cant find the licenese server.

Any ideas? Running build .567

Cheers

Charles
cause everyone needs a fez
7709 posts
enfezzed
Anyone else able to get houdini running on Yosemite? Im running the latest daily build and even starting it with the houdini shell it still cant find the licenese server.

Try the steps I outlined on this thread:
https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=34708 [sidefx.com]
2 posts
Thanks! I figured it out right after I posted this. Never needed the .local extension before but that did the trick

Cheers

Charles
cause everyone needs a fez
  • Quick Links