ocean wave pattern repeat

5484   6   2
102 posts
I created a ocean with ocean fx. it's looks super great and just one problem, the pattern repeating is very obvious even I set the grid very big.
I dive into oceanspectum sop to tried to modifier the pattern noise but can't found the node which can control noise…orz

if i want to modifier the noise, where I can find this node? or other idea can fix the problem,please? :cry:

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (78.7 KB)

102 posts
sorry, I forgot upload my scene. it's a bit different with picture one but same problem.

Attachments:
oceanTest.hip (1.9 MB)

102 posts
it's solved!
I'm not sure what's the reason but increase Resolusion Exponent and Grid Size look be help : )
1391 posts
I think there is another better way , But one simple way is using different Ocean Deformer with different size (and setup) , then apply them to grid . :?
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
1391 posts
This is a simple example about this , Of course in this example I just use this technique for Position of the points , But I think you can use same method for displacement and attributes (such as cusp) 8)

Attachments:
JKoceantest.zip (196.8 KB)

https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
102 posts
Hi Joker,thanks the example!
I didn't get what you mean at first, but now I understand I think.
btw, when I set Griz Size bigger I can see the displacement map be more complex in comp. but my ocean surface's scale will look smaller!?
anyway Grid Size is seen difficult to control but I guess it is I need. I just have take more time to try it :wink:
and this is some my testing result. it's better than I expected!

Attachments:
sea2.jpg (737.6 KB)
sea1.jpg (726.2 KB)
sea0.jpg (77.8 KB)

1 posts
igou
Hi Joker,thanks the example!
I didn't get what you mean at first, but now I understand I think.
btw, when I set Griz Size bigger I can see the displacement map be more complex in comp. but my ocean surface's scale will look smaller!?
anyway Grid Size is seen difficult to control but I guess it is I need. I just have take more time to try it :wink:
and this is some my testing result. it's better than I expected!
Can you send me your project file?
I want to learn about it.
1252569093@qq.com
  • Quick Links