Not all nodes?

3789   7   1
5 posts
Good day people!

Yesterday I have start working with Houdini. I always have worked in Cinema 4D. But I want to simulate some destruction in Houdini because it's more powerfull than in Cinema 4D..

Now here is the problem: I looked for a tutorial on how to create a fracture simulation, and they added the nodes: “scatter” & “voronoi”.. But when I open my Tool menu and search for them they aren't there?

Did I do something wrong during the instal? or something with License keys?

I use Houdini 14.0.201.13

Thanks in advance and sorry for the not so proper English.
636 posts
the scatter an voronoi should be there with the TAB command … but you could get in trouble when you are using h14 because at the moment most tutorials are made with h13 and below. sesi has changed a lot and when it's your first time maybe download the h13 edition it's also bullet proofen :-) (very stable).
24 posts
Also make sure you're in the right context. If you haven't created a Geometry Node, you need to do that first and then dive into it. There you should have access to the Voronoi tools etc via the TAB menu.
5 posts
Thank you both for your answeres, But There are realy not the node scatter & voronoi…

I also made sure I had the geometry node.. But they are still not there. Meaby it has to do something with that v.14 is not stable.

I want to use v.14 because I also want to use the new features is v.14 like the crowd tool.. But I tought it was weired because I didn't read about bugs in v.14 jet..
1104 posts
And you did double click (or select the geo node and press ‘i’) so you are inside the geo node before you hit tab ?
/M

Personal Houdini test videos, http://vimeo.com/magnusl3d/ [vimeo.com]
24 posts
It may be a bug indeed, I don't know.

I've attached a screenshot of what it should look like. Note that I'm inside a node geo1.

Attachments:
voronoi.png (35.4 KB)

5 posts
Okay it was indeed the problem that I wasn´t in my geometry tab… Thank you all for the help. -Adrian, MagnusL3D & Mandrake0.

Now I will go learn further and break stuff!
636 posts
Smicksus
But I tought it was weired because I didn't read about bugs in v.14 jet..

there are the daily build's the bugfix report is available under this link:
https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_journal&Itemid=213&page=index&journal=default&view=FULL&logfile=ALL&icon=ALL&version=14.0&buildstart=220&buildend=227&perpage=20&search= [sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links