houdini 14 apprentice and GF740m

2253   4   1
12 posts
does anybody had problems using houdini 14 and GF740m ?

my viewport is not showing smooth shading properly , only using wireframe mode . things looks right!
any tips and tricks about this ?

I am using a Dell notebook v14t-5470-a50
i7 8gb
nvidia 740m
Staff
5156 posts
Which driver version are you using?

If you set the environment variable HOUDINI_OGL_DUMP_SHADER_ERRORS to 1, do you get any shader compilation errors dumped to the console?
12 posts
problem solved , i had to create a new profile settings for houdini using nvidias windows driver . and used full performance preset !
houdini is running fine !

tnx
Staff
5156 posts
Ah. It was previously running on the Intel GPU and running into the same issues that users are having with the HD 4400 & 4600. Glad you figured it out!
12 posts
Ive got a new problem but i don`t know if its is related with my graphics card or my nvidia driver , when i am trying create a FLIP object using shelf button ( FLIP from Object) my object just disappears , but all nodes and connections are created . but they just dont appear on my viewport , same problem happens when i am trying to create particles , particles are created everywhere instead of just come out from a specific point .

But ! , if i load any help examples related with FLIP and Particles . FLIP and particles appears correct in my viewport !

any idea of what is happening ?
  • Quick Links