tex file

2562   4   0
313 posts
I am a beginner in Houdini. Is there anyway that I can output tex file in Houdini? (or convert it in Houdini?)
4140 posts
Did you try just saving the file as “foo.tx”? You must have Renderman installed as Houdini uses the rman tools to convert it. You'll likely want more control over the process, clamped/repeat/etc. so I'd do it via command line for serious work.

I'll say it again, you seem to be asking every single question, trivial or not, in the forums as you're burning through Houdini. The vast majority of them can be answered by searching in the docs(with the search facility, not by eye). Many people here don't mind helping out users trying to learn, but can you at least try to do more research before asking questions? Try typing in:

“tx format”

Lots of useful information there. You might as well use it. Same goes for the odwiki, the tutorials…

J.C.
John Coldrick
313 posts
thanks JColdrick,
thank you for answering my question!
sometimes i really want to find out the answer myself but there is actually not many tutorial talks about Rman in Houdini7. well, mtor is a different case because its help document is so clear and so many tutorials are available in deathfall website. I know the “txmake” command already but I just do not know if I can do it within Houdini. (because it can be done easily within slim.)
4140 posts
Everything isn't a tutorial. Most actual meaty information is in reference manuals. I would strongly encourage you to get used to using them…start with tutorials, for sure, but that's what the reference is there for - to continue once you get the basic flow. Would you expect a tutorial on how to export for every file format? Of course not. Use the search capability, not only is it very good, but it leads you to learning a lot of different things.

J.C.
John Coldrick
313 posts
thanks JColdrick!
I will do more searching!
  • Quick Links