photon map question(rman)

2735   2   0
313 posts
Hi!
I tried to generate a photon map for a scene in Houdini's renderman rop. The mmmm.gpm has been generated. But it is a blank image when I tried to view this photonmap with the sho command.

Can someone pls point out what I did wrong on the process of generating a photonmap? What I did was Turning on the “generate photon maps” in the specific section of the “rman” rop. Then I input the number of photons and the gpm file path. I also put a “*” in visible reflection/trace and visible photon. But I still cannot get it working. I also checked the rib file. the photon commands are there.

Hider “photon” “integer emit” “jitter”
Attribute “photon” “globalmap”

Did anyone successfully use Houdini to do some colour bleeding? could someone pls show me how to do colour bleeding with photon maps properly in houdini with Rman?

Pls help!
Any help will be appreciated!
1 posts
hi,

i was just wondering if anyone has got a solution because i have recently had a similar problem where i couldnt create a photon map out of houdini properly it would just create a map with all the photons in a line.

thanks in advance
1002 posts
Did you check that the photon map looks correct? Try using the ptviewer program to view the photon map rather than sho.

Andrew
  • Quick Links