Houdini 15 Wishlist

64672   146   18
93 posts
tamte
Seems like a job for Match Topology SOP + Attrib Copy SOP, just wrap around some python and put it on the shelf

It seems you are right. Match Topology is already in Houdini. It just needs a DigitallAsset for more parts to paste.
Then this feature is already in Houdini.
260 posts
option for skipping rendered frames (same as in Softimage), huge timesaver.
I can be rendering on the farm, and over night i can render localy, or having multiple instances open at the same time and render (useful in situations, where switching to next frame takes longer than actual render).
99 posts
Keep improving/expanding the UV toolset.

Specifically for organics. The edge selection toolset needs to mature more if the pelting procedures are going to ever be more than a completely manual process.

Right now a lot of edge loop selection work needs to be done with 3rd party nodes.

Would be nice to see an edge selection walk(grow) through a mesh based on a vector.

To summarize: currently procedurally creating UV seams is difficult. Please make it less so.
1 posts
1) I want a new geometry to be cleaned in viewport like in modo , maya or 3Ds max. I don't like that black in the corner or edge

2) the subdivide node is not good. it consumes memory. see the example
of modo and maya subdivide node

3) add shortcuts to polybevel and polyExtrude node. Houdini modeling tool must be entirely reviewed.

4) the default materials library must be review. see modo exemple.
in modo when you add wood, metal or other material. the look is perfect without
tweaking.

Attachments:
Capture d’écran 2015-08-24 à 15.58.23.png (1.2 MB)

Richard Loes Thomson
Nuke and Houdini VFX compositor
email:richardthomsonfx@gmail.com
www.thomsondigital.fr
13 posts
I'd like a parameter in the “edit parameter interface” like the “main” example here:

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w510/Scott_Spadea/FirstMaxScript_zps99ca528a.jpg~original [i1079.photobucket.com]

So you can plug 2 values into one parameter, X and Y respectively.
Staff
5154 posts
tpapion
1) I want a new geometry to be cleaned in viewport like in modo , maya or 3Ds max. I don't like that black in the corner or edge

tpapion, your wish has been granted!
375 posts
hello, from this wishlist, I understand that bridging polygon faces is not possible in H14?
Here is what I mean by bridge polygon : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tek9GuHRwo [youtube.com] , go to 04:30
Houdini gamboler
379 posts
Bridge is already in H15.
375 posts
Amazing!
I should always watch this video before asking questions in this thread : https://vimeo.com/135607909 [vimeo.com] 8)
Houdini gamboler
4486 posts

RFE: Ability to have a network editor overlay on a Scene View pane that can be edited and toggled

So you can manipulate your network directly on top of a Scene View pane. You can have a modifier key to perform Scene View related view manipulations while the overlay is present. But for other Scene View modifications you can toggle the network editor display, so it's not conflicting.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
655 posts
This would be soooooooooo useful.. +1000

pusat

RFE: Ability to have a network editor overlay on a Scene View pane that can be edited and toggled

So you can manipulate your network directly on top of a Scene View pane. You can have a modifier key to perform Scene View related view manipulations while the overlay is present. But for other Scene View modifications you can toggle the network editor display, so it's not conflicting.
1265 posts
+1 but without the purple outline
Werner Ziemerink
Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
4486 posts
Thanks guys I am not sure how to make the network editor more visible on top of the scene view but it can be done. Maybe thicker lines that are additive on scene view, etc.

It should work like so:

Network editor overlay:
Only scene navigation is possible (same hotkeys with Space).
Without using space, they navigate the network editor.
Everything else is network editor related

Toggle network editor overlay off for full scene view manipulation
Toggle network editor overlay on for full network editor manipulation while seeing and navigating the Scene View

Design A (UX by Afroza):

Design B:

Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

538 posts
pusat +1000
https://gumroad.com/alexeyvanzhula [gumroad.com]
4486 posts
Thanks vux I didn't know Blender had this feature. If SESI added this to H15, you would basically be doubling your workspace.

387 posts
Looks too distracting to me (but thats personal taste):

Touch Designer did it quite nicely:
And on video:
https://vimeo.com/122273236#t=0m20s [vimeo.com]

Also Autodesk Revit has some node networks over 3d view too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_wc-nZKV08 [youtube.com]
(It could have different level od transparency. And works on light (empty) background quite well.)
538 posts
IMHO it is the best layout for my eyes. And of course mini parm-editor in top right corner
https://gumroad.com/alexeyvanzhula [gumroad.com]
4486 posts
Thanks guys, looks like we have some built-in functionality to do this already for COPs albeit with some limitations

It seems like you can't have the image displayed as is without fit to view.

Extending it for the Scene View would be a nice option. I agree it could be busy looking if SESI doesn't use a method to make the network lines and tiles more visible. I think having 2 colored outlines that are opposite to each other (black and white) like in my last UI mockup should work. The text could be shown larger and the wires could be drawn much thicker too (I already turned on the thicken wires options for the mockups but not for this gif).

1755 posts
Viewport isolation anyone? For H16 obviously…

I'm having a hard time dealing with objects in a scene where there more than 4-5 and some of which are completed inside others.
I've searched the googles, but all I could find was a script created by Guillaume Jobst which I couldn't get it to work, but that's beside the point - we need this tool to be a native Houdini one to ensure proper integration and compatibility.
379 posts
Visibility SOP?
  • Quick Links