Black line on baked texture

1868   2   2
183 posts
So I am trying to bake out a procedural texture as a map and for the life of me can't seem to get rid of a one pixel wide black antialiasing line that runs around the edges of the uv's when I reapply the baked texture. I tried turning off antialiasing in mantra as well as setting the texture nodes box filter width to 0 and still I have the line. Any ideas what I am missing?
483 posts
In my opionion you didn't miss anything, the baked texture is not expanded over the UV borders, that's it. If I'm right, this is a missing feature.
But you can give http://www.flamingpear.com/download.html [flamingpear.com], there the free plugins, a try, if you have Photoshop or 8bf Filter compatible Software. Use there the “Solidify” Filters, they “fill holes” in Images by expanding the edge color.
Maybe make a search in google for “flaming pear solidify” then have a look in the image search there… there are alternatives for other image apps. Nuke has a similar node, too.

Attachments:
expand-color.png (74.7 KB)

English is not my native language, sorry in advance for any misunderstanding :-)
183 posts
Thanks for the reply. I ended just using rops to expand the boundries. It would be nice if houdini did this on rendering though…
  • Quick Links