rendering in TIFF/TARGA

5312   3   0
523 posts
Hello,

I'm doing a little bit of “rendering testing” and import in Adobe After Effects:

When I render a single frame in Houdini as Targa file, then I can import this file in AE without any problem.
Now when I render this same single frame as Tiff, I get an error message in after effects.
What can be the cause of this error?

Thx

bernard
4256 posts
Welcome to the land of Tiff. Please enjoy your stay.

Tiff images can come in tons of different flavors and sadly most software packages only support one or two flavors. Usually the problem is the compression scheme that is used to compress the image.

Try changing the following:

if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
4140 posts
Targa's rock, for 8 bit rgba. While you're rendering with mantra on the farm you can load them into flipbooks and they show partial frames, unlike most other formats. I so wanted to love tif, but it's become a fragmented standard with everyone wanting their own candy-striped custom flavour. Truly unfortunate.

My dream is I'll wake up tomorrow and all file formats will have been declared illegal except for OExr.

Oh, and rat and pic. Just cuz I'm a facist.

J.C.
John Coldrick
523 posts
Thanks Wolfwood and JColdrick! Great forum people here on SideFX.
My Tiff compression was on Adobe Deflate, but that didn't work. When I set it on No Compression, After Effects did import the tiff file…

bernard
  • Quick Links