Houdini Documentation

8088   3   2
7 posts
Hi All,

I have e-mailed sales@sidefx.com about this, but almost a week later and I haven't had a reply yet.

Are there any manuals or documentation which come with the full commercial version of Houdini, beyond what is included on the Houdini Apprentice CDs? If so, can the material be obtained independantly of the software, and then if so, for how much? (Hopefully at nominal cost.)

Thanks,
Mark
344 posts
I've heard the hard copy manuals are identical to the PDF's. For the latest help on anything in Houdini, click the Question mark icon in the OPs parmaters, or open a textport and type ‘ophelp <operator name>’
7 posts
Thanks MichaelC - I should have been more patient. SideFX got back to me and confirmed the documentation set is the same as the ‘online’ version, but you can buy it for $300 (which is what it costs SideFX to print).
40 posts
If I were you, but I am not you. I would go to your local university in your area, and make your way to the local computer lab find the color laser printer and start mashing “Ctrl + P” That is what I did, and I have a lot of stuff printed out. Universities are just big money making scams anyways, so I do not feel bad at all.

cheers
-capin_crunch
  • Quick Links