First week in Houdini, custom autorig and animation test

3418   4   1
10 posts

Had a holiday this week so I have been dedicating as much time as possible to getting my head around Houdini indie. Definitely loving the journey, but also definitely stumbling around a bit too.

I'm amazed at the depth of the toolset and so impressed with sidefx for offering this amazing software up as an indie licence. It's definitely got me hooked!

This character was originally sculpted in zbrush the retopo'd and rigged in Modo, but I thought I'd transfer over and re-rig it in Houdini and see how things went.

The animation certainly needs improving, but I do love mantra and the custom autorigging system is a great help.
Staff
2540 posts
Deformations look very good. Nice job!

Are you using the dual quaternion skinning on the Deform SOP?

Did you try the new Delta Mush SOP deformer in H15.5?
There's at least one school like the old school!
10 posts
jeff
Deformations look very good. Nice job!

Are you using the dual quaternion skinning on the Deform SOP?

Did you try the new Delta Mush SOP deformer in H15.5?

To be honest at this point I'm not quite sure. I would assume that is dual quaternion as it is from the auto rig defaults?!? But now you have mentioned delta mush I shall go and have a tinker, thanks for the heads up
Staff
3455 posts
if you used the Auto Rig - it does not use Dual Quaternion skinning as this feature was only implemented in H15, and Deta Mush is a H15.5 feature.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
10 posts
arctor
if you used the Auto Rig - it does not use Dual Quaternion skinning as this feature was only implemented in H15, and Deta Mush is a H15.5 feature.
Thanks so much for the clarification, I will take a deeper look into both and give them a whirl
  • Quick Links