Renderman Denoiser

4411   4   0
93 posts
Hi.

I cannot run the denoiser with Houdini 15.5. Nothing is denoised after rendering. Could you check my file, please? I attached it.
Edited by Pavel Geraskin - June 27, 2016 09:49:51

Attachments:
renderman_test_1.hiplc (314.6 KB)

93 posts
I found that we should apply the denoiser manually. At least it's in Houdini 15.5 still does not work.
Staff
1448 posts
Yes, you need to run the denoiser manually after rendering out an imgage with denoising options. The denoising options checkbox on the RIS ROP just gets the RenderMan to write out all the AOV image planes necessary for denoising. But the ROP does not launch the denoiser automatically. You could wire a Script ROP and run the denoiser in that setup. Or use the post-render script to invoke the denoiser.
2 posts
i know its late but after hacking at it for a long time for anyone reading this in search here is a cmd script that you just place in to a folder and it will denoise it for you if you want to add flags just open it and place them as usual after the “DO denoise” statement
1 posts
Hi

Denoise not work at all, for some reason renderman can´t make an albedo pass no matter what. Abedo aov is esencial to denoiser, without that you never get good results. someone have the same problem?
  • Quick Links