Install BVH Into Mocap Crowd Agent help!

2966   5   1
24 posts
please help, I can not pass the 3:44 minute, this in linux, but the route is with the “/” and I Temgo windows, my route is this F: \ houdini \ bhv \ Archive, but when you I enter, tells me not to find the route, some help please do it in windows, thank you very much!

This is the link to the tutorial.

https://vimeo.com/128729379 [vimeo.com]
Artist CGI
2528 posts
You do have to specify the full path and filename, not just the path. Also the full path should not have any spaces in the path. Make sure your user name for the system does not have any strange ASCII characters in it.

I have attached the example 08_02.bclip and .cmd files referenced in the video. Just use the .bclip to continue the video even if you can not get the convert to work.
Edited by Enivob - July 3, 2016 09:45:23

Attachments:
Untitled-2.jpg (13.0 KB)
BCLIP_File_08_02.zip (210.9 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
24 posts
Enivob
You do have to specify the full path and filename, not just the path. Also the full path should not have any spaces in the path. Make sure your user name for the system does not have any strange ASCII characters in it.

I have attached the example 08_02.bclip and .cmd files referenced in the video. Just use the .bclip to continue the video even if you can not get the convert to work.

hello failure again because in this tutorial, use linux, I have windows, and does not allow! help!

Attachments:
houdini.jpg (573.0 KB)

Artist CGI
Staff
3455 posts
you should try to read up on the different file structures of Windows/Linux/OSX

instead of using the Textport to run the cmd script you can use the File Menu: File > Run Script - the browse for the cmd file.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
24 posts
good is a joke, but hey managed to get, when you convert files to cmd can be opened with the run scritp and go!
Artist CGI
1743 posts
One awkward thing is that Houdini doesn't support backslashes as directory separators in paths. I wish it did support backslashes, but you have to use forward slashes, even on Windows, e.g.
F:/houdini/bhv/Archive/08_02.cmd
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
  • Quick Links