destroy propeller helicopter

2268   1   2
24 posts
Help, I need to damage the propeller of a helicopter when crashing into an object, the body of the helicopter does not interest me, but the problem is that eh downloaded dosarchivos forums and none serves me, one is with rbdpincosntrain, and the other bon rbdkeyactive1 but when I turn the latter the helices are flying by the effect of rotation, deputy simple scene of a helicopter passing an item but the helices fall oh oh stay still, urgent help!

sorry for bat English
Artist CGI
806 posts
Moin,

I am sorry if I misunderstand what you are trying to achieve. Since I am not a fully grown Houdini user yet, I can only try to help with some pointers:

If you are using Bullet physics for the simulation and have given the blades of the propeller some weight, they need to be (pin-)constrained to the axis. Since you are probably not intending to have them fly away in one piece, you need to pre-shatter the blade(s) that you want to destroy and “glue” together the parts with enough force to counter-act the “centrifugal” force created by the rotation.

I can give it a try if this doesn't make any sense to you, but maybe it is of help?

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
  • Quick Links