Sequential filenames with spaces

3014   3   0
4140 posts
This is on Linux, with 8.0.383.

File COP, I want to read a file sequence with the following syntax:

foo 001.tif, foo 002.tif,…

which parses correctly in the file requestor to:

foo $F3.tif

(note the space). Problem is, this won't read the files - claims it can't find the file, red flag.

This seems to be related to a space coming just before a frame wildcard expression…having spaces elsewhere in the sequence seem OK.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
387 posts
Hi John,

Same config: (Gentoo) Linux + Houdini 8.0.383

It works for me?! I copied two images to /tmp, naming them ‘thing 001.jpg’ and ‘thing 002.jpg’. After first trying a bunch of smarty stuff with lots of double backslashes before the space character (etc) i just ended up with something which works, lo: '/tmp/thing $F3.jpg'.

I quit Houdini, started again, and just typed in the latter expression, and it simply worked. I have a COP Viewer Pane open. Could it be a cooking problem?

Something (v8?) new: I also noticed the text entered on the FILE COP filename param line changes colour as you edit it (live parsing? whoa).

cheers,
bibm bahb.
''You're always doing this: reducing it to science. Why can't it be real?'' – Jackie Tyler
4140 posts
Aha - that at least helped me isolate the buggie. Yup, that *does* work, however there is an error that Houdini is performing with this particular situation. If I use the file requestor to load this sequence, Houdini is putting:

./thing $F3.jpg (1-2)

into the file field! In this case, 1-2 is the frame range of the test I'm doing. It doesn't do this with spaces elsewhere in the name. If I manually delete the ‘(1-2)’, it works fine.

Cheers,

BBQ Boy
John Coldrick
1002 posts
I've just submitted a bug for the file selector frame range issue (20262).

Andrew
  • Quick Links