Huge .HIP file size

3566   4   0
9 posts
Everything was working fine when all a sudden the hip file went from 20MB up to 8GB then from 8 to 17GB.
Has not changed much from the original small size him. Anyone has any idea way is taking so long to open and save my scene with such big file size. Something that could have broken it is that I copied the project to another Hard Drive and saved back on the old location by accident. Any suggestions to get the file size back to normal. Have no idea was happening there is not much info about this and I read there was a Bug that was doing it in an older version.
Edited by RenderCloak - Dec. 1, 2016 03:50:37
9 posts
I deleted The entire Digital Asset Network with a ton of nodes and Only left the Lights and it then becomes None Responsive and freezes until crash. Also something else I noticed is that the Hip files look like they are duplicating in size. From 4GB to 8GB to 16GB
Edited by RenderCloak - Dec. 1, 2016 04:18:07
9 posts
Solved
Deleted all the data under appdata temp. Made a new Project and copied the digital asset network from the Large Scene into a new one now the same Hip is 3700kb. Still have no clue as to what caused this problem my guess is that it was using something from the Temp folder
143 posts
Same thing happened to me yesterday. Your solution helped me, I hope. Thank you!

I have noticed, that in the big file, there were many Mantra IPRs, almost thousand. Maybe that is the bug somewhere. If SESI is interested, I may send the wrong hiplc file.
Edited by ikoon - Jan. 16, 2017 06:09:55
Staff
3455 posts
please submit these kinds of things to the bug database, we can't fix what we don't know about
https://www.sidefx.com/Support/report-a-bugrfe/ [sidefx.com]
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links