Handle Scale and PolySplit Problems On Linux Debian and RedHat... SOLVED !

2056   1   1
8 posts
Hello,

First I would like to say that I'm only an hobbyist and maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have two problems with the two last Apprentice Versions of Houdini, 15.5.673 and 15.5.717, on Debian Stretch, Ubuntu 16.04 and Centos 7 :

- the first, like in this post https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/45881/, [sidefx.com] the Handle scale is not saved when I close Houdini,

- the second, when modeling, if I want to use the PolySplit or Edge Loop tools, in the Polygon shelf, I can see on the mesh the yellow line representing the potentially new edges, but when I press Enter to validate, nothing happen and if I click on one edge of the mesh trying to validate, the mesh disappear and the PolySplit Node become red strike through. At the bottom of the 3d view, the “help” tells : Shift Click Anywhere to Edit Edge Loop. If I do so, the mesh appear again unchanged, with the possibility to start again with the same result.

On Windows 10, I haven't these problems, everything works fine.

Thanks for your time, best regards, Christian
Edited by chrisc - Jan. 19, 2017 16:52:04

Attachments:
HoudiniPolySplit01.jpg (168.8 KB)
HoudiniPolySplit02.jpg (168.4 KB)

8 posts
Hi, thanks to Jean Claude, from SideFx's support my problems are solved.

I'm French, I live in France and even if my system is installed in English and my keyboard in English, my Regional Formats were in French. Jean Claude asked me to change them for English, so I did… and now everything works fine on Ubuntu and even on my unstable Debian Stretch.

To change my Regional Format in Ubuntu : System Settings - Language Support - Regional Formats and in the “Display Numbers, dates and currency….” I chose “English (United States)” and reboot to be sure.

I deleted too in my Home folder, the “houdini15.5” folder before to start Houdini… and that's all…

So thanks again to Jean Claude for his skills and rapidity.

Best Regards, Christian
Edited by chrisc - Jan. 19, 2017 17:00:37
  • Quick Links